We will offer a limited number of travel grants for students that present their work at BAFI 2018. The following two categories will be considered:
- National Category: Students enrolled at a Chilean university or staying at a Chilean address at the time of the conference.
- International Category: Students enrolled at a university outside Chile and staying abroad at the time before the conference starts.
The application should be sent by July 31, 2017, as a zip-file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A cover letter in English by the applicant.
- A PDF file with the extended abstract. This extended abstract should be submitted also to the conference via the Easychair system (please check www.bafi.cl for information on how to submit an extended abstract). The PDF file should contain the abstract´s title and the names of all authors.
- Confirmation of enrollment as a student by the time of submission, i.e. on July 31, 2017.
- The student´s CV providing information on academic career and achievements.
- A recommendation letter by the applicant´s advisor.
An independent grant committee will analyze the presentations received by July 31, 2017, select the grantees, and communicate the respective decision by August 30, 2017. Each grant from the national category consists in CLP70.000 per night during the conference if a travel grant is necessary. Each grant from the international category consists in US$800. Grantees do not have to pay conference fee, but are expected to register at the conference